10.24.2007

Other Battlestar updates...

I'm usually not huge on soundtracks, but frankly, lately I haven't been huge on any new music at all. I know, lame. But the season 3 Battlestar Galactica soundtrack just came out, and it has been getting a lot of attention for being a pretty quality piece of work. I love all the Battlestar music while watching the show. Composer Bear McCreary is unique and a legend in his own time. I'm definitely going to pick this one up.

Did I ever post this Razor advance review? I can't warn those of you who haven't seen season 3 to the end enough that this contains MAJOR SPOILERS as to the events that occur throughout the second half or so of season 3.

Speaking of Razor and SPOILERS - Thanks to rancor_breath in the sw.com message boards for the pointer to this Razor synopsis
at TrekWeb. Okay, now I'm laughing at myself since I got Battlestar Galactica news posted at a Star Trek website, from a Star Wars message board. Geek? Prolly.

I don't love SyFy Portal. They post way too many rumorific information, with not so clear sources. Just don't like it. Yet I frequent there enough wih a lot of attentiveness to Battlestar news. I guess I'm just a fan like that. But one recent self confessing speculative article was rather interesting. It discusses the real possibility that successful cable shows like BSG might get airtime on the major networks (In BSG's case, SciFi is part of NBC Universal) due to the WGA strike which is due to start sometime after November 1. Check it out.

... and you know what would happen if BSG were aired on NBC? It would be available in HD! Yeahoo! I'm all for this strike now (plus, I have a zillion movies to catch up on anyway) ;)

Nope. No new news on that pesky issue of the season 3 DVD release. The chatter has been pretty steadily pointing toward sometime after January, and possibly as late as April.

No comments: